Pair crispy skinned pork with sweet caramel potatoes for a delicious mid-week meal.
The ingredient of Orange and coriander pork belly with caramel potatoes
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1kg piece pork belly, scored deeply
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Steamed English spinach, to serve
- 850g new potatoes, halved
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tbs water
- 20g butter, chopped
The instruction how to make Orange and coriander pork belly with caramel potatoes
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Rub the salt and coriander seeds into the scores of the pork. Place the pork in a small roasting pan. Pour around the orange juice, zest and stock. Cover with baking paper and foil. Roast for 1 hour 45 minutes or until pork is very tender.
- Meanwhile, for the caramel potatoes, place the potato in a large saucepan of salted water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain well. Place the sugar and water in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. u2028Stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer, without stirring, until mixture turns into a golden caramel. Add the butter and potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or u2028until the potatoes are tender and golden. Season with salt.
- Drain the pork juices into a jug. Skim the fat from the surface. Discard. Pour pan juices into a small saucepan. Add the sugar and vinegar. Gently reheat over low heat.
- Preheat grill to high. Place pork under grill and cook for 10 minutes or until rind crackles. Slice pork. Serve with the potatoes, spinach and the sauce.
Nutritions of Orange and coriander pork belly with caramel potatoesfatContent: 628.809 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 48 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein