Come in from the cold and warm up with orange and ginger slow-roasted pork shoulder!
The ingredient of Orange and ginger slow-roasted pork shoulder
- 1.5kg boneless pork shoulder
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Chinese rice wine (see note)
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 4 small parsnips, peeled, quartered
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Orange and ginger slow-roasted pork shoulder
- Combine pork, ginger, orange juice, sugar, wine and kecap manis in a large glass or ceramic dish. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Transfer pork and marinade to a large ovenproof dish. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes, basting with marinade (cover with foil if over-browning during cooking).
- Add carrot, parsnip and orange wedges. Cook for 40 minutes or until pork is browned and cooked through and vegetables tender. Serve.
Nutritions of Orange and ginger slow-roasted pork shoulderfatContent: 389.809 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein
sodiumContent: 155 milligrams cholesterol