Go traditional this Christmas with succulent roast pork served with cherry and balsamic sauce.
The ingredient of Roast pork shoulder with cherry and balsamic sauce
- 2kg x boned and rolled pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon Alfa One rice bran oil
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 50g butter, chopped
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 300g frozen cherries
- 1/4 cup cherry conserve
The instruction how to make Roast pork shoulder with cherry and balsamic sauce
- Preheat oven to 250u00b0C/230u00b0C fan-forced. Remove pork from netting and unroll. Place on a board. Pat dry with paper towel. Using a sharp knife, score pork rind. Re-roll pork. Tie with kitchen string at 3cm intervals to secure. Place pork on a wire rack in a large roasting pan. Brush oil over pork and rub with sea salt. Roast for 20 minutes, or until skin begins to colour and blister.
- Reduce temperature to 190u00b0C/170u00b0C fan-forced. Roast pork for 1 hour 10 minutes or until cooked through and crackling is golden and crisp. Cover loosely with foil. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Cherry and balsamic sauce Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add eschalot and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until eschalot has softened. Stir in vinegar. Cook for 1 minute until reduced by half. Add cherries, conserve and 1/4 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove and discard kitchen string from pork. Slice. Serve with Cherry and balsamic sauce.
Nutritions of Roast pork shoulder with cherry and balsamic saucefatContent: 582.204 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein
sodiumContent: 184 milligrams cholesterol