Fresh and crunchy, the super-healthy salsa complements the chargrilled pork perfectly.
The ingredient of Pork with avocado, cherry tomato and pepita salsa
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 firm ripe avocado, peeled, chopped
- 4 spring onions (shallots), thinly sliced
- 45g (1/4 cup) pepitas, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (about 125g each) pork loin steaks, excess fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice
- Steamed greens, (such as broccolini and snow peas), to serve
The instruction how to make Pork with avocado, cherry tomato and pepita salsa
- Combine the tomato, avocado, spring onion, pepitas, coriander, garlic, lime juice and oil in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Spray with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of pork with the paprika. Cook on grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a chopping board and cover with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest.
- Cut the pork into 1cm-thick slices. Divide the rice and pork among plates. Top with tomato mixture. Serve with greens.
Nutritions of Pork with avocado, cherry tomato and pepita salsafatContent: 421.835 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein