Perfectly succulent pork with crispy crackling will bring everyone to the table.
The ingredient of Fennel and chilli roast pork with warm potato salad
- 1.5kg Coles easy carve pork leg roast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 8 Coliban potatoes
- 4 celery sticks, sliced, pale leaves reserved
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup semi sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baby capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Fennel and chilli roast pork with warm potato salad
- Preheat oven to 230C. Place the pork in a large baking dish. Rub 1 tablespoon of the oil over the rind. Combine the fennel seeds, salt, rind and chilli in a small bowl. Rub over the rind and into the cuts. Roast for 30 minutes or until rind starts to crackle.
- Wrap the potatoes individually in foil. Place on the bottom oven rack. Reduce oven to 200C. Roast the potatoes with the pork for a further 1 hour and 25 minutes or until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the pork is pierced with a skewer. Set the pork aside in a warm place for 10 minutes to rest.
- Carefully unwrap the potatoes. Coarsely chop and place in a large bowl. Add the celery, shallot, tomatoes, capers, parsley and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Scatter with the celery leaves.
- Carve the pork and serve with the warm potato salad and baby rocket leaves.
Nutritions of Fennel and chilli roast pork with warm potato saladfatContent: 571.21 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1.4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 57.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 176 milligrams cholesterol