Theres a hint of fresh orange and lime in every bite of this succulent pork dish.
The ingredient of Cuban pork with coriander, couscous and green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 long fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 500g pork loin medallion steaks
- 190g (1 cup) couscous
- 220ml boiling water
- Olive oil spray
- Steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Cuban pork with coriander, couscous and green beans
- Combine the coriander, chilli, garlic, orange juice and lime juice in a bowl. Place the pork in a glass dish. Pour half the coriander mixture over the pork and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over the water. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 4 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Heat a large frying pan or chargrill over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil spray to lightly grease. Add the pork and cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Add the remaining coriander mixture to the couscous and stir to combine. Season with pepper.
- Thinly slice the pork. Divide the couscous mixture and beans among serving plates. Top with pork to serve.
Nutritions of Cuban pork with coriander, couscous and green beansfatContent: 325.279 calories
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein
sodiumContent: 68 milligrams cholesterol