Easy to prepare, this tasty low-fat barbecued pork with crispy potatoes is perfectly suited to fuss-free summer entertaining.
The ingredient of Pork cutlets with roasted potatoes, fennel & capsicum sauce
- 1.5kg sebago (brushed) potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 baby fennel, trimmed, quartered
- 6 (about 180g each) pork cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
- 2 large red capsicums, quartered, deseeded
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 x 425g can diced tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Pork cutlets with roasted potatoes, fennel & capsicum sauce
- To make the capsicum sauce, preheat grill on high. Place capsicum, skin-side up, on a baking tray. Cook under grill for 8 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a sealable plastic bag. Set aside for 10 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel the skin from capsicum and discard. Coarsely chop the flesh.
- Place the capsicum, garlic and tomato in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Add the stock and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the vinegar.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Cook the potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Place over high heat and cook, shaking the pan, for 1 minute or until any moisture has evaporated.
- While the potato is cooking, pour the oil into a large roasting pan. Heat in oven for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato to the roasting pan and stir to coat. Roast for 20 minutes. Add the fennel to the pan. Roast for a further 20 minutes or until the potato is golden and fennel is tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Lightly spray both sides of the pork cutlets with olive oil spray. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on grill for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Divide potato mixture among serving plates. Top with pork. Spoon over the capsicum sauce. Sprinkle with thyme to serve.
Nutritions of Pork cutlets with roasted potatoes, fennel & capsicum saucefatContent: 436.175 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 99 milligrams cholesterol