A crunchy pork crackle and creamy bean mash - the perfect fast solution for a mealtime for four.
The ingredient of Mustard pork with crackling and butter-bean smash
- 4 x 220g pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 6 sage leaves, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 75g unsalted butter
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 small radicchio, leaves torn
- 150g green beans, blanched, halved lengthways
- Juice of 1 lemon
The instruction how to make Mustard pork with crackling and butter-bean smash
- Preheat oven to 250C. Using a sharp knife, remove skin and fat from the chops in one piece. Pat skin dry, then place on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes or until crackled.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, mustard powder, sage, two-thirds of the garlic and 2 tbs oil, and rub over the pork chops. Heat remaining 2 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook the pork chops for 5 minutes each side or until caramelised and cooked through. Set aside and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- To make the bean smash, melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Cook remaining garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the butter beans, season and cook for 2-3 minutes to warm through. Add milk and roughly mash with a fork.
- Combine radicchio, green beans and lemon juice in a bowl and drizzle with extra olive oil. Serve with chops, crackling, bean smash and extra sage leaves.
Nutritions of Mustard pork with crackling and butter-bean smashfatContent: