Nuoc Cham boosts the flavour of these Vietnamese grilled pork chops.
The ingredient of Vietnamese grilled pork chops with pickled slaw
- 6 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 (800g) pork scotch steaks, bone in (also called pork neck chops)
- 1 1/3 cups jasmine rice
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, thickly shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pickled Vietnamese slaw, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, to serve
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
The instruction how to make Vietnamese grilled pork chops with pickled slaw
- Finely chop white parts of green onions, reserving the green tops. Place chopped onion, garlic, sugar, fish sauce, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add pork. Rub to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Cook rice following absorption method on packet. Thickly slice reserved green onion tops (about 1cm-thick). Heat 2 tablespoons of remaining oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer half the onion to a paper towel-lined plate. Add remaining oil to remaining onion in wok. Add rice. Cook, tossing, for 4 to 5 minutes or until rice just starts to turn golden and is slightly charred.
- Make Nuoc Cham; Place garlic, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and 1/2 cup cold water in a bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add chilli. Stir to combine. 4 Heat a greased chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork for 4 minutes each side or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes to rest.
- Divide rice mixture between serving plates. Top rice with pork and sprinkle with fried onion. Serve with lettuce, pickled slaw, mint and Nuoc cham.
Nutritions of Vietnamese grilled pork chops with pickled slawfatContent: 868.765 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 99.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 36.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 135 milligrams cholesterol