Turn pork cutlets into a fiesta by seasoning them with Mexican flavours, and serving aside a fresh corn salsa. This healthy and easy pork recipe is perfect for mid-week meals.
The ingredient of Mexican spiced pork cutlets with corn salsa
- 35g packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (200g each) pork loin cutlets (see note)
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
The instruction how to make Mexican spiced pork cutlets with corn salsa
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Combine taco seasoning and oil in a small bowl. Rub mixture over both sides of pork. Cook pork for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside.
- Make corn salsa Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add corn. Cook for 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Place corn, tomatoes, onion, coriander, oil and 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Spoon corn salsa onto plates. Top with pork. Serve with salad and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Mexican spiced pork cutlets with corn salsafatContent: 452.427 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 110 milligrams cholesterol