The ingredient of Pork with nut & speck seasoning with honeyed roast pears
- 120g speck
- 25g butter
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 100g pkt unsalted cashews, chopped (Ducks brand*)
- 50g (1/2 cup) blanched flaked almonds, roughly chopped (Ducks brand*)
- 30g (1/4 cup) almond meal (Ducks brand)
- 5 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 egg
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch sage
- 1.2kg boned rolled loin of pork, string removed
- 3 small Bartlett pears, cut in half leaving stems intact
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g green beans, topped, tailed
The instruction how to make Pork with nut & speck seasoning with honeyed roast pears
- Use a sharp knife to cut the speck into 1cm cubes.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the speck and half the onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the cashews, almonds, almond meal, oregano and 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the nuts are golden brown. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Stir in the egg. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pork loin, rind-side up, on a clean surface. Pat dry with paper towel. Turn pork over. Cut a horizontal slit from centre towards edge in thicker end (dont cut all the way through). Open so pork sits flat. Place nut mixture crossways across centre of pork loin. Top with sage leaves, reserving 12 leaves with stems attached. Beginning at the thicker end, roll pork up to enclose filling. Use unwaxed white kitchen string to tie at 2cm intervals to secure. Place remaining thyme sprigs, under string, across top of pork.
- Place the pork in a roasting pan. Sprinkle the skin with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Season with pepper. Place pears, cut-side down, around the edge in the roasting pan. Drizzle pears with honey. Roast in preheated oven for 70 minutes or until the pork skin is golden, the flesh is just cooked through and the pears are caramelised. Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes to rest before carving.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add reserved sage leaves and cook, uncovered, for 15-20 seconds or until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining onion. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add the beans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Remove from heat.
- Slice pork into thick slices. Serve with pears and green beans. Sprinkle with fried sage leaves.
Nutritions of Pork with nut & speck seasoning with honeyed roast pearsfatContent: 703.138 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 18 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 15 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 53 grams protein