For a quick, tasty meal try these balsamic pork cutlets served with a tasty fennel and grapefruit salad.
The ingredient of Balsamic pork cutlets with fennel and grapefruit salad
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 x 200g pork cutlets
- 3/4 cup (180ml) balsamic vinegar
- 200g snowpeas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- Zest and juice of 1/2 pink grapefruit, (plus segmented flesh of 1 grapefruit)
- 2 small fennel bulbs, very thinly sliced (a mandoline is ideal), fronds reserved
The instruction how to make Balsamic pork cutlets with fennel and grapefruit salad
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Season the cutlets and cook for 2 1/2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, drain remaining oil from the pan and discard, then add the balsamic vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until slightly reduced. Return the cutlets to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes each side, basting constantly with the balsamic glaze.
- Blanch the snowpeas in boiling water, drain, then refresh under cold running water. Combine with the grapefruit zest, juice and segments, fennel, reserved fronds and remaining 2 tbs olive oil. Season and toss to combine, then divide among bowls and serve topped with the pork cutlets and any cooking juices.
Nutritions of Balsamic pork cutlets with fennel and grapefruit saladfatContent: 476.805 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13.8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5.5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 48.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 97 milligrams cholesterol