For an unforgettable meal, drizzle homemade apple sauce over this crisp, golden roast pork. Yum!
The ingredient of Classic roast pork with autumn roast vegetables
- 2kg Coles Australian Pork Leg Roast Boneless
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves picked, finely chopped
- 3 parsnips, peeled, quartered
- 500g Kent pumpkin, seeded, cut into wedges
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary, extra, leaves picked
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested, 1 tablespoon juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Classic roast pork with autumn roast vegetables
- Preheat oven to 230C. Place pork on a rack in a roasting tray. Combine salt, garlic and finely chopped rosemary. Rub salt mixture over the rind and into the cuts. Roast for 30 mins or until the rind begins to crackle. Reduce oven temperature to 180C and roast for 15 mins.
- Place parsnip, pumpkin and sweet potato on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Season. Roast with the pork for a further 1 hour. Transfer the pork to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 20 mins to rest. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, to make the apple sauce, place the apple, lemon zest and juice, 1/4 cup (60ml) water and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cover and cook for 15 mins or until the apple is soft. Using a stick blender, carefully blend the apple mixture until smooth.
- Serve pork with the vegetables, green beans and apple sauce.
Nutritions of Classic roast pork with autumn roast vegetablesfatContent: