Create a mouth-watering dish with this Asian-glazed pork belly served with crisp winter slaw.
The ingredient of Asian glazed pork belly with winter slaw
- 1kg Coles Australian pork belly roast, scored at 1 cm intervals
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 brown onions, peeled, cut into 1cm rounds
- 400g pkt Coles kale coleslaw salad kit
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Asian glazed pork belly with winter slaw
- Place pork belly on a plate and pat rind dry with paper towel.
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic and Chinese five spice in a jug. Rub marinade into the flesh of the pork belly, being careful not to get any on the rind. Place pork belly flesh-side down, in a glass or ceramic dish. Rub the oil into the rind and sprinkle with half the salt. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 230C. Pat rind dry with paper towel. Arrange onion in a roasting tray. Place pork on onion. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Place enough water in the base of the roasting tray to come up just below the pork belly. Roast for 30 mins or until the rind begins to crackle. Reduce temperature to 200C. Roast for a further 1 hour, topping up the water as necessary. Increase heat to 240C and roast for a further 20 mins or until rind is crisp and golden. Set aside for 10 mins to rest. Cut into pieces.
- To make the kale coleslaw, follow packet instructions. Divide among serving plates. Top with pork belly pieces. Drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with parsley leaves.
Nutritions of Asian glazed pork belly with winter slawfatContent: