For the best crackle, remove all packaging from pork. Pat dry with paper towel and leave in the fridge, loosely covered, for a few hours or overnight.
The ingredient of Thyme roast pork with warm mushroom salad
- 1kg Coles Australian Pork Belly Roast
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 6 Portabella mushrooms
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, quartered
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 100g Coles Australian 4 Leaf Salad
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, drained, crushed
The instruction how to make Thyme roast pork with warm mushroom salad
- Place the pork belly on a plate. Pat rind dry with paper towel. Combine the thyme, salt and half the oil in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 230C. Place the pork, rind-side up, in a roasting pan. Rub rind with thyme mixture. Roast for 30 mins or until the rind begins to crackle. Reduce oven to 140u00b0C. Roast for a further 2 hours or until cooked through. Transfer pork to a plate and set aside for 10 mins to rest. Thickly slice pork crossways.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook the mushrooms and capsicum for 3 mins each side or until charred and tender. Thickly slice.
- Combine the mushroom, capsicum, spring onion and salad mix in a large bowl. Whisk the remaining oil, vinegar and capers in a small bowl. Season. Drizzle over the salad
- Serve the pork with the mushroom salad.
Nutritions of Thyme roast pork with warm mushroom saladfatContent: