Dish up hearty, wholesome fare for the family with this honey mustard pork roast recipe.
The ingredient of Honey mustard pork roast with apples and pan gravy
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 600g piece pork scotch fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small pink lady apples or fuji apples, quartered, cored
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- Baby brussels sprouts, steamed halved, to serve
The instruction how to make Honey mustard pork roast with apples and pan gravy
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Combine mustard, parsley and honey in glass or ceramic dish. Add pork. Rub to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, if possible.
- Heat half the oil in a medium, heavy-based flameproof roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add pork. Cook, turning, for 4 minutes or until well browned. Remove from heat.
- Roast pork for 20 minutes. Arrange apple, onion and sage around pork. Drizzle with remaining oil. Roast for a further 25 to 30 minutes or until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Place roasting pan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually add stock. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Slice pork and serve with baked apple, onion, sage leaves, gravy and brussels sprouts.
Nutritions of Honey mustard pork roast with apples and pan gravyfatContent: 390.526 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 144 milligrams cholesterol