Try our take on the family favourite pork belly roast, served with Brussel sprouts and yummy rosemary salsa verde.
The ingredient of Crispy skin pork belly with rosemary salsa verde
- 1.5kg Coles Australian Pork Belly Roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 400g brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, halved
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Rosemary sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Crispy skin pork belly with rosemary salsa verde
- Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Place pork on a clean work surface. Pat the rind dry with paper towel. Brush with half the oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt, fennel and cumin seeds. Place onion in the base of a roasting pan. Place the pork, rind-side up, over the onion. Roast for 30 mins or until the rind begins to crackle.
- Reduce oven to 160u00b0C. Pour stock around the pork in the pan. Cover the pan with foil. Roast for a further 2 hours or until pork is very tender. Set aside, covered, for 15 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the brussels sprout, sugar, vinegar and remaining oil in a roasting pan. Season. Roast, turning occasionally, for 30 mins or until brussels sprout is golden and tender.
- To make the rosemary salsa verde, process the parsley, mint, oregano, rosemary and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil and lemon juice in a thin, steady stream and process until well combined. Season. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Arrange the brussels sprout on a serving platter with the parsley leaves. Drizzle with salsa verde. Top with the pork. Sprinkle with rosemary sprigs.
Nutritions of Crispy skin pork belly with rosemary salsa verdefatContent: 744.485 calories
saturatedFatContent: 54 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein