Slow-cooked pork and eggplant cannelloni with crème fraîche is a rich and hearty meal to be left in the centre of the table and enjoyed family-style.
The ingredient of Slow-cooked pork and eggplant cannelloni with crème fraiche
- 1u20443 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 800g eggplant, diced
- 2kg boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Zest of half orange
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 x 400g canned cherry tomatoes
- 4 bay leaves
- 20 fresh lasagne sheets
- 400ml Bulla Cru00e8me Fraiche
- Parmesan or Provolone cheese, finely grated
The instruction how to make Slow-cooked pork and eggplant cannelloni with crème fraiche
- Heat 1/3 of the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the eggplant in batches until golden, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, repeat with remaining eggplant adding oil as needed.
- Add pork to pan, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Add onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add sugar, balsamic, orange zest, thyme and paprika; stir well to combine. Add stock, tomato, bay leaves, half of the eggplant and pork and bring to a simmer. Cover, cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 hours or until very tender.
- Remove pork from cooking liquid and, using two forks, shred the meat. Add 2 cups of sauce to shredded pork; this forms the cannelloni filling. Add remaining eggplant to sauce and reduce if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced). Grease the base of an ovenproof dish. Top a pasta sheet with approximately 1u20443 cup of meat mixture and roll lengthwise. Place, fold side down in baking dish, repeat with remaining filling and pasta sheets. Spoon remaining sauce over cannelloni, cover and seal well with baking paper and foil. Cook for 20u201330 minutes. Remove cover, plate two cannelloni with sauce, spoon over cru00e8me fraiche, top with a generous handful of grated cheese. Flash under the grill quickly to brown cheese.
Nutritions of Slow-cooked pork and eggplant cannelloni with crème fraichefatContent: