Rediscover the flavours of Asian with this fresh authentic dish featuring barbecue pork and cashew nut.
The ingredient of Barbecue pork with caramelised cashews and water spinach
- 1/3 cup (55g) finely chopped palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup (145g) raw cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 bunch Chinese water spinach, ends trimmed
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves picked
- 2 purple Asian shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 (about 500g) Chinese barbecue pork, thinly sliced
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Barbecue pork with caramelised cashews and water spinach
- Combine 1/4 cup (45g) of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce in a wok over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until sugar dissolves and begins to caramelise. Add the cashews, five-spice and sesame seeds and cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes or until cashews are coated in caramel mixture. Remove from heat and spread over a piece of baking paper to cool.
- Combine the rice wine vinegar with the remaining sugar and fish sauce in a small jug. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the water spinach, coriander, mint, shallots and pork in a large bowl and gently toss to combine. Drizzle with the dressing and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with cashews to serve.
Nutritions of Barbecue pork with caramelised cashews and water spinachfatContent: 586.984 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 21 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein
sodiumContent: 106 milligrams cholesterol