Try Fast Eds roast pork, cooked low and slow in the oven to achieve tender meat and the best crispy crackling.
The ingredient of Roast pork shoulder with braised celery hearts
- 2.5kg pork shoulder (hock and trotter attached - optional)
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 8 juniper berries, crushed
- 6 bay leaves
- 2 bunches celery
The instruction how to make Roast pork shoulder with braised celery hearts
- Preheat oven to 230C/210C fan forced. Use a small sharp knife to cut a zig-zag pattern in the skin of the pork, then rub with salt and drizzle with oil. Arrange on a rack over a roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes, until the crackle begins to form.
- Reduce the oven to 160C/140C fan forced and bake for a further 2 hours. Finally, increase the oven to 230C/210C fan forced and bake for a final 20 minutes. Allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- For the celery hearts, combine the stock, juniper berries and bay leaves in a shallow saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Remove the dark outer celery stalks and set aside for another use. Add the celery hearts, tops still attached, to the pan and simmer very gently for 20 minutes.
- Cover, remove from the heat and set aside until cooled completely.
- Drain the celery, then serve.
Nutritions of Roast pork shoulder with braised celery heartsfatContent: