Crispy on the outside and succulent inside, this roast pork main is a celebration of irresistible flavours.
The ingredient of Chargrilled capsicum and cashew stuffed roast pork
- 100g bought chargrilled capsicum, finely chopped
- 110g (1/2 cup) microwave brown rice
- 45g (1/4 cup) dry-roasted cashews, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2.5kg boned rolled loin of pork, string removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- Kaffir lime leaves, to serve
- 1.6kg Kent pumpkin, unpeeled, halved, deseeded, cut into 3cm-thick slices, cut into thirds crossways
- 5 small Packham or William pears, halved lengthways, cored
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) port
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Chargrilled capsicum and cashew stuffed roast pork
- Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Combine the capsicum, rice, cashews, shallot and coriander in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Place the pork, rind-side up, on a clean work surface. Use a sharp knife to score the rind crossways, to the fat layer, at 2cm intervals. Turn pork over. Cut a vertical slit in the thick end. Open the pork to sit flat. Place the capsicum mixture along the centre. Starting from the thick end, roll up to enclose filling. Use unwaxed white kitchen string to tie at 2cm intervals.
- Place the pork, rind-side up, in a roasting pan. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of oil. Rub salt into the cuts. Roast for 35 minutes or until rind crackles. Reduce temperature to 200u00b0C. Roast for 20 minutes. To make the roasted pumpkin & pears, place the pumpkin, pear and remaining oil in a bowl and turn to coat. Arrange around pork and roast for 1 hour or until pork is cooked through. Transfer the pork to a serving platter. Cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the port jus, use a spoon to remove the top layer of oil from the roasting pan, leaving behind any pan juices. Discard the oil. Add the port and chicken stock to the pan and stir to combine. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 20-25 minutes or until the jus thickens.
- Arrange the roasted pumpkin & pears and kaffir lime leaves around the pork. Serve with the port jus.
Nutritions of Chargrilled capsicum and cashew stuffed roast porkfatContent: 670.634 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 25 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 55 grams protein
sodiumContent: 142 milligrams cholesterol