Start this recipe in the morning and have succulent sweet pork ready for you at dinner time.
The ingredient of Slow-cooker caramel pork with Asian greens
- 1.8kg boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 3/4 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Asian greens, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker caramel pork with Asian greens
- Remove netting from pork. Cut rind and any excess fat from pork and discard. Cut pork into 8 large pieces. Place in a large snap-lock bag with flour. Season with pepper. Seal. Shake to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook pork, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to bowl of slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add eschalots, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Transfer to slow cooker. Add sweet chilli sauce, stock, lime juice, fish sauce, kecap manis and lime leaves. Stir to combine. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Remove pork from sauce. Roughly shred into large pieces. Serve pork on rice with Asian greens. Drizzle with sauce.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker caramel pork with Asian greensfatContent: 548.983 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 45.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 121 milligrams cholesterol