Spice up your regular midweek menu with colourful ingredients and have something to look forward to tonight!
The ingredient of Crisp fried pork with stir-fried vegetables
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 x 240g pork fillet steaks, trimmed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) peanut oil, plus extra, to shallow-fry
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 4 long red chillies, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 230g baby corn, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, plus extra, to serve
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Crisp fried pork with stir-fried vegetables
- Whisk together eggs and fish sauce in a large bowl. Cut pork fillets on the diagonal into 8mm-thick slices, then add to the egg mixture and turn to coat.
- Fill a large frying pan with enough peanut oil to reach 3cm up the side and heat over mediumu2013high heat. Fry pork, in 2 batches for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Drain on paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat peanut oil in a large wok over high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chillies, and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until onion has softened. Add snow peas, corn, kecap manis and soy sauce, and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes or until vegetables have softened but are still crisp. Remove wok from heat and stir in sesame oil, basil and coriander.
- Divide rice among bowls, top with vegetables and fried pork, and scatter with extra coriander to serve.
Nutritions of Crisp fried pork with stir-fried vegetablesfatContent: 426.137 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein
sodiumContent: 440 milligrams cholesterol