Ginger, plum and soy sauce give simple pork chops and mash an exciting Asian twist.
The ingredient of Pork with sweet potato mash and soy-plum glaze
- 1kg orange sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed
- 20g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 pork cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 80ml (1/3 cup) plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
The instruction how to make Pork with sweet potato mash and soy-plum glaze
- Cook the sweet potato in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water for 10 minutes or until tender. Add the broccolini in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Place the sweet potato, butter and ginger in a bowl. Mash until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add the stock, plum sauce and soy sauce to the pan and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until glaze thickens. Divide pork, mash and broccolini among serving plates. Drizzle over the glaze to serve.
Nutritions of Pork with sweet potato mash and soy-plum glazefatContent: 450.515 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 27 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol