Lift the lid on your barbecue to create these tasty Asian style skewers.
The ingredient of Five spice pork skewers with fried rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 600g pork scotch fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
The instruction how to make Five spice pork skewers with fried rice
- Bring 6 cups cold water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add rice. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, thread pork onto skewers. Combine five spice and 2 tablespoons oil. Brush pork with oil mixture.
- Heat a barbecue plate or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook skewers, turning, for 4 to 6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil. Swirl to coat. Add egg. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until scrambled. Transfer to a bowl. Cover. Add remaining oil. Swirl to coat. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and carrot. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add rice and egg. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Divide rice mixture between 4 plates. Top with skewers. Serve.
Nutritions of Five spice pork skewers with fried ricefatContent: 570.015 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 42.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 54.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 235 milligrams cholesterol