This Asian-style pork dish is bursting with fresh authentic flavours.
The ingredient of Asian-glazed pork cutlets with orange and avocado salad
- 1/2 cup char siu sauce (see note)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons (90g) honey
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 x 240g pork cutlets
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- 2 oranges
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, leaves picked
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
The instruction how to make Asian-glazed pork cutlets with orange and avocado salad
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Mix together the char siu sauce, ginger, honey, lemon juice, sesame oil and 1/4 cup (60ml) water. Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Cook pork for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Pour over sauce, then transfer pan to oven and roast for 10 minutes, basting once, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, for the salad, remove the orange peel and pith. Holding fruit in your hand (over a bowl to catch the juice), cut segments away from the membrane with a small knife. Squeeze remains to catch extra juice, then place segments in a bowl with avocado and watercress. Place oil, ginger and 2 tablespoons orange juice in a small jar, add salt and pepper, then shake well to combine. Toss salad with dressing.
- Remove pan from oven and place pork on a plate, loosely covered with foil, to rest. Return pan to stove on medium heat, and reduce sauce, stirring for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Drizzle sauce over pork and rice on plates and serve with salad.
Nutritions of Asian-glazed pork cutlets with orange and avocado saladfatContent: 759.064 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 47 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein
sodiumContent: 106 milligrams cholesterol