The ingredient of Tomatoes stuffed with goats cheese (vegetarian)
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 4 thick slices baguette
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 250g soft goats cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, chopped (such as flat-leaf parsley, thyme, chervil and rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons white wine or red wine vinegar
- 4 cups mixed baby salad leaves (mesclun)
- 4 tablespoons black olive tapenade
The instruction how to make Tomatoes stuffed with goats cheese (vegetarian)
- Slice tops off tomatoes and set aside. Scoop out pulp and seeds and discard. Leave tomatoes to drain upside down on paper towel for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190u00b0C. Place the baguette slices on a baking tray, and brush with a little of the extra oil. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Mix together the goats cheese, garlic and herbs and season well. Stuff the tomatoes with the cheese mixture, then sit the reserved tomato lids on top. Place on a baking tray, drizzle with half the olive oil and bake for 15 minutes, until the tomatoes are just starting to collapse.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining olive oil with the vinegar, then season with salt and pepper and toss the mixed salad leaves in the dressing. Spread the baguette with tapenade and place 2 slices on each plate. Top with the stuffed tomatoes and serve with salad.
Nutritions of Tomatoes stuffed with goats cheese (vegetarian)fatContent: 914.175 calories
saturatedFatContent: 75 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein
sodiumContent: 58 milligrams cholesterol