The ingredient of Vegetarian lentil, carrot and cumin loaf
- 4 slices multigrain bread, torn
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 420g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Vegetarian lentil, carrot and cumin loaf
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Line base and sides of a 7cm-deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf tin with baking paper, allowing a 4cm overhang at long ends.
- Place bread in processor. Process for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Add onion, carrot, zucchini, lentils, egg, ground coriander, cumin, 1 cup corn kernels and half the chopped coriander. Season with pepper. Mix well to combine. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until firm. Stand for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato, remaining corn and chopped coriander in a bowl. Serve lentil loaf with tomato mixture.
Nutritions of Vegetarian lentil, carrot and cumin loaffatContent: 223.943 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein
sodiumContent: 109 milligrams cholesterol