This top meal is inspired by Indian cuisine, is full of flavour and good for you, too.
The ingredient of Vegetarian biryani
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 3 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 175g baby green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 medium (200g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 100g button mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup low-fat yoghurt
The instruction how to make Vegetarian biryani
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add cinnamon, cardamom, cumin and chilli. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add rice. Stir to coat. Add stock, beans, cauliflower and mushrooms. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Top biryani with coriander and almonds. Serve with yoghurt.
Nutritions of Vegetarian biryanifatContent: 357.066 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 60.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 9.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 0.5 milligrams cholesterol