Lentils and beans make this vegetarian chilli extra hearty and filling.
The ingredient of Vegetarian chilli
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 420g can mixed beans, drained, rinsed
- 420g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 425g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
The instruction how to make Vegetarian chilli
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, fresh chilli and capsicum and cook until softened. Add the chilli flakes, cinnamon, cumin and thyme and cook for a further minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add the garlic, beans, lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste and remaining oil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid and cook for a further 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir through the parsley and serve with warm flour tortillas or steamed rice and sprinkled with grated cheese, if desired.
Nutritions of Vegetarian chillifatContent: 549.461 calories
saturatedFatContent: 49 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein