Our easy vegetarian shepherds pie has a hearty pumpkin and lentils filling and is topped with a super cheesy mash. Itll be a new family favourite dinner in no time at all!
The ingredient of Vegetarian shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 500g Kent pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1.3kg white potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 80g butter, chopped, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Devondale Tasty Cheese Block (500g)
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegetarian shepherd’s pie with cheesy mash
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Grease 2.2-litre-capacity baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add zucchini, pumpkin and rosemary. Stir to combine. Add tomatoes, stock, red lentils, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in brown lentils. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place potato and garlic in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to saucepan. Add milk and 60g butter. Mash until smooth. Add cheese. Stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer lentil mixture to prepared dish. Top with mash. Dot with remaining butter. Bake for 20 minutes or until mash is golden. Serve sprinkled with thyme.
Nutritions of Vegetarian shepherd’s pie with cheesy mashfatContent: