With figs in season, theres no better time to try this simple tart.
The ingredient of Fig and goats cheese tranche (vegetarian)
- 1 block (375g) puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup good-quality fig jam*
- 120g soft goats cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 3-4 ripe figs, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon honey
The instruction how to make Fig and goats cheese tranche (vegetarian)
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Roll out the pastry to an 18cm x 30cm rectangle. Brush the top with egg and prick with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and lay another tray on top, and return to oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Spread jam over pastry base, crumble cheese over, sprinkle with rosemary and season. Lay figs on top.
- Place under grill for 2-3 minutes until cheese is lightly golden. Drizzle with honey. Serve with a green salad.
Nutritions of Fig and goats cheese tranche (vegetarian)fatContent: 760.976 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 90 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 46 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein
sodiumContent: 133 milligrams cholesterol