Lentils are full of protein which make them the ideal food for vegetarians. This delicious pasta dish also incorporates creamy feta cheese for an added taste sensation.
The ingredient of Pasta with lentil sauce and feta (vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 800g canned chopped tomatoes
- 410g can brown lentils
- 300g spaghetti
- 100g feta, crumbled
The instruction how to make Pasta with lentil sauce and feta (vegetarian)
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, cumin, tomato paste, tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil and season with salt and black pepper. Turn the heat to low, simmer for 10 minutes, add the lentils and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling, salted water according to packet instructions. Drain and toss with sauce.
- Divide between serving bowls and sprinkle with feta.
Nutritions of Pasta with lentil sauce and feta (vegetarian)fatContent: 555.914 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 72 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22 grams protein
sodiumContent: 16 milligrams cholesterol