With your daily recommended intake of vegies in one serve, this vegeratian dish is good for your hips and for your hip pocket.
The ingredient of Vegetarian tagine
- 1 tablespoon Alfa One rice bran oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, halved, thickly sliced
- 650g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 (500g) small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Couscous, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegetarian tagine
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add Moroccan seasoning, cinnamon, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add carrot and pumpkin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until combined. Add stock and tomato. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add cauliflower. Stir to combine. Cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add chickpeas, zucchini and honey. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle tagine with coriander sprigs. Serve with couscous.
Nutritions of Vegetarian taginefatContent: 416.577 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.3 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 59.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 11.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 8 milligrams cholesterol