Turn your favourite cracker into a crunchy casserole topping with this creamy vegetarian recipe.
The ingredient of Crispy creamy vegetarian casserole
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 30g butter, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 400g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 70g Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated red Leicester cheese
The instruction how to make Crispy creamy vegetarian casserole
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook leek and garlic for 2 minutes or until leek softens. Add potato. Stir to combine. Add stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 7 to 8 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Stir in broccoli, sugar snaps, asparagus, cru00e8me fraiche and parsley. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill to medium. Transfer vegetable mixture to a 2-litre (8-cup-capacity) baking dish. Combine crackers and cheese in a small bowl. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve.
Nutritions of Crispy creamy vegetarian casserolefatContent: