This easy vegetarian take on paella is packed with the goodness of vegies and a hint of spice.
The ingredient of Cheats vegetarian paella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (220g) medium-grain rice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 300ml Massel vegetable liquid stock, heated
- 4 chargrilled artichokes, quartered
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched, trimmed
- 100g green beans, blanched
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Cheats vegetarian paella
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, saffron and chilli flakes, then season and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until onion starts to soften. Add the paprika and lemon zest and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to coat the grains. Add the wine, cherry tomatoes and hot stock, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer, stirring, then cover the surface closely with baking paper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 12-15 minutes until rice is just cooked.
- Add artichoke, asparagus and beans, then cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes to warm through. Squeeze over lemon juice, garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutritions of Cheats vegetarian paellafatContent: