Cheesy pesto toasties are perfecting for dunking in the creamy cauliflower soup.
The ingredient of Creamy cauliflower soup with cheesy pesto toasties
- 20g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (about 300g) brushed potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1.1kg cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1.25L (5 cups) vegetable or chicken stock
- 160ml (2/3 cup) pouring cream
- Fresh sprig basil, to serve
- 8 slices white sourdough bread
- 90g (1/3 cup) Barilla Pesto Genovese
- 100g (1 cup) pizza cheese
The instruction how to make Creamy cauliflower soup with cheesy pesto toasties
- Heat the butter and oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and ginger, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the onion softens slightly. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the potato and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the potato starts to soften. Add the cauliflower and stir to coat. Add the stock and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes or until potato and cauliflower are tender. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, to make the toasties, preheat a sandwich press. Spread each slice of bread with 1/2 tablespoon of pesto. Divide the cheese among half the bread slices. Top with the remaining slices of bread, pesto side-down. Place the sandwiches in the press. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden and the cheese has melted. Cut in half or into fingers.
- Use a stick blender to puree soup until smooth. Stir in the cream and season. Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with basil. Season with extra pepper and drizzle with oil. Serve with the pesto toasties
Nutritions of Creamy cauliflower soup with cheesy pesto toastiesfatContent: