Dunking delicious savoury scones into this comforting creamy, garlicky soup is just what the doctor ordered.
The ingredient of Zucchini soup with bacon, cumin and cheddar scones
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml milk
- 150ml thickened cream
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 2 bacon rashers, rind and excess fat trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg (about 4 medium) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream, extra
The instruction how to make Zucchini soup with bacon, cumin and cheddar scones
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add milk, cream and half the cheddar. Mix until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a 2cm-thick, 18cm square.
- Combine bacon, shallot, half the cumin seeds and remaining cheddar in a bowl. Press onto the dough. Cut into 16 squares. Place on the lined trays. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the, zucchini and garlic and remaining cumin seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the zucchini is very soft. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the extra cream. Serve with the warm scones.
Nutritions of Zucchini soup with bacon, cumin and cheddar sconesfatContent: 793.48 calories
saturatedFatContent: 48 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 25 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 66 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 25 grams protein