A chunky soup packed with chicken, potato, bacon and chorizo - hearty enough for a main meal.
The ingredient of Chunky chicken and corn soup with fried chorizo
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 rindless shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, chopped
- 200g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 500g desiree potatoes, peeled, grated
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 310g can creamed corn
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 100g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 1/2 cup Bulla Cooking Cream, plus extra, to serve
- 120g chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Warm tortillas, to serve
The instruction how to make Chunky chicken and corn soup with fried chorizo
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened and bacon is crisp. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add potato. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in stock and 3 cups cold water.
- Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Add corn, thyme, beans and cream. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook chorizo in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with extra cream, sprinkle with chorizo and parsley, and serve with warm tortillas.
Nutritions of Chunky chicken and corn soup with fried chorizofatContent: 706.484 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 57.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 31.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 90 milligrams cholesterol