This easy soup comes highly recommended from many Taste.com.au members.
The ingredient of Moroccan sweet potato, carrot and chickpea soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 600g orange sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 500g carrots, peeled, sliced
- 6 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 300g can Coles chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- Turkish bread croutons (see note), to serve
The instruction how to make Moroccan sweet potato, carrot and chickpea soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Stir in coriander, cumin and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add sweet potato and carrot. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas to soup and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until chickpeas are tender.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to saucepan over medium-low heat. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Heat, stirring, until hot (do not boil). Ladle into bowls. Top with croutons. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Moroccan sweet potato, carrot and chickpea soupfatContent: 336.273 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 13.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 7 milligrams cholesterol