Load up on seasonal veggies with this creamy cauliflower and broccoli soup topped with crispy curried chickpeas.
The ingredient of Cauliflower and broccoli soup with crispy curried chickpeas
- 40g butter
- 1 leek, pale section only, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 800g broccoli, cut into florets
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
The instruction how to make Cauliflower and broccoli soup with crispy curried chickpeas
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the leek and garlic for 5 mins or until softened. Add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until starting to soften.
- Add the stock and 3/4 cup (185ml) of water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 mins or until vegetables are tender. Use a stick blender to blend the vegetable mixture until smooth. Stir in half the cream. Season with sea salt.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chickpeas, stirring, for 5 mins or until crisp. Add the curry powder and salt. Cook for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Serve the soup topped with the chickpeas and parsley.
Nutritions of Cauliflower and broccoli soup with crispy curried chickpeasfatContent: