Chicken soup with creamy corn and crispy bacon is the perfect comfort food.
The ingredient of Creamy corn & shredded chicken soup with crispy bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 small bacon bone
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1cm dice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 cobs of corn, remove kernels from 2 cobs
- 2 rashers short-cut bacon
- 200g Bulla Cru00e8me Frau00eeche
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Creamy corn & shredded chicken soup with crispy bacon
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add leek and garlic, cooking for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add in the stock, bacon bone, potatoes, chicken and corn kernels.
- Bring to the boil and continue to simmer for approx. 4-6 minutes until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and set aside to cool slightly. When cool, shred each breast. Continue cooking soup until potato is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove 2-3 spoonfuls of soup along with the bacon bone and set aside. Puree the remaining soup with a handheld blender in the saucepan until smooth. Add the soup that was set aside with the bacon bone and the shredded chicken back to the pan.
- Meanwhile; heat a chargrill pan until hot, cook the remaining corn cob until charred all over. Cut corn from cob in strips. Place bacon onto grill plate also and cook until crisp. Roughly chop.
- Stir half of the cru00e8me frau00eeche with the parsley into the soup, season to taste. Serve soup finished with dollops of cru00e8me frau00eeche, strips of chargrilled corn, bacon bits and extra parsley leaves.
Nutritions of Creamy corn & shredded chicken soup with crispy baconfatContent: