This hearty soup was the winner of our lentil food fight.
The ingredient of Tomato & red lentil soup with feta & olive oil crostoli
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 x 415g cans diced Italian tomatoes
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 175g (3/4 cup) split red lentils
- 20cm baguette (French breadstick), thinly sliced crossways
- 100g feta, mashed
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- Olive Grove Extra Virgin Olive Oil, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Tomato & red lentil soup with feta & olive oil crostoli
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the tomato and stock and bring to the boil. Add the lentils and stir until well combined. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender and the soup thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the bread slices with remaining oil. Chargrill for 2-3 minutes each side or until toasted. Spread with the feta then place on a serving tray and season with pepper.
- Combine the parsley and lemon rind in a small bowl. Ladle the soup among serving bowls and sprinkle with the parsley mixture. Drizzle soup and feta crostoli with extra oil and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Tomato & red lentil soup with feta & olive oil crostolifatContent: 583.16 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 53 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 16 milligrams cholesterol