This creamy soup is best enjoyed on cold winter evenings.
The ingredient of Creamy potato and leek soup with toast soldiers
- 35g butter
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 650g sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 litre Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 4 slices white toast bread
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
- Crispy bacon, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy potato and leek soup with toast soldiers
- Melt 25g butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until leek is softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and 1 cup cold water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until potato is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, carefully blend soup until smooth. Return to low heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Toast bread until golden on both sides. Spread with remaining butter. Cut each toast into 4 slices. Add cream to soup. Stir well. Sprinkle soup with chives and bacon. Serve with toast.
Nutritions of Creamy potato and leek soup with toast soldiersfatContent: 556.392 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 84 milligrams cholesterol