This is a hearty lamb soup with Asian flavours.
The ingredient of Lamb shank, star anise and noodle soup
- 3 lamb shanks
- 2 brown onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 4 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 4 cups (1L) Massel beef style liquid stock
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 3 fresh lasagne sheets, cut into 4cm-wide strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Vietnamese mint leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb shank, star anise and noodle soup
- Place the lamb shanks, onion, coriander seeds, star anise, cinnamon, peppercorns, beef stock and water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, skimming the surface occasionally, for 2 hours or until lamb is very tender and coming off the bone. Remove from heat. Remove lamb shanks and set aside. Set remaining mixture aside to cool completely. Place in the fridge to chill. Remove the meat from the shanks and discard the bones.
- Remove fat from the surface of the stock and discard. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large saucepan. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Return the meat to saucepan and add pasta, soy sauce and lime juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with green onion, coriander and mint leaves. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Nutritions of Lamb shank, star anise and noodle soupfatContent: 306.159 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 29 grams protein