Wholegrains and legumes, like lentils, are low in fat, high in carbohydrates and provide a great source of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
The ingredient of Turkish rice and lentil yoghurt soup with dukkah oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup rice and lentil mix (see note)
- 6 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 500g tub plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pinches sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The instruction how to make Turkish rice and lentil yoghurt soup with dukkah oil
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice and lentil mix. Stir to combine. Add stock and 1 cup cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes or until rice mixture is tender.
- Meanwhile, make Dukkah Oil; Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add cumin, coriander, paprika, pistachios and sesame seeds. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Add lemon rind and juice.
- Blend flour and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Place yoghurt in a large heatproof bowl. Add egg and flour mixture. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup hot stock mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, to yoghurt mixture, whisking to combine. Reduce heat to low. Slowly add yoghurt mixture to remaining stock mixture. Whisk until combined. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup drizzled with dukkah oil and topped with mint.
Nutritions of Turkish rice and lentil yoghurt soup with dukkah oilfatContent: 581.965 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein
sodiumContent: 71 milligrams cholesterol