Mini cheese sandwiches are served atop this creamy cauliflower, potato and leek soup for a hearty and warming meal.
The ingredient of Cauliflower soup with blue cheese and ham sandwich croutons
- 25g butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250g sebago potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 850g cauliflower, chopped
- 5 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 120g blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 slices white bread
- 20g smoked ham
- Oil spray
- Baby radish leaves, for serving
- Olive oil, for serving
The instruction how to make Cauliflower soup with blue cheese and ham sandwich croutons
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Place leek, potato, cauliflower and stock into a saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Puree. Add cream.
- Meanwhile, crumble blue cheese over 4 slices white bread. Top with ham. Finish with another slice of bread. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Fry sandwiches for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Cut sandwich into triangles and serve with the soup. Drizzle soup with olive oil. Top with baby radish leaves.
Nutritions of Cauliflower soup with blue cheese and ham sandwich croutonsfatContent: 551.851 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19.8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 59 milligrams cholesterol