Warm up from the inside out with this flavoursome Mexican chicken soup served with crispy tortilla strips.
The ingredient of Mexican chicken soup with crispy tortilla strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Continental chicken stock pots
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500g Coles RSPCA approved chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed, kernels removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, stone removed, peeled, diced
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken soup with crispy tortilla strips
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot or saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook for 3 mins or until onion softens. Add garlic, peppers and cumin. Cook for 2 mins or until aromatic.
- Add stock pots, tomato paste and 6 cups (1.5L) boiling water. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Add chicken breasts. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10-12 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate. Shred chicken with a fork.
- Return chicken to the soup with the corn kernels. Cook for a further 3-5 mins or until heated through and corn is cooked. Stir in lime juice.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with cooking oil spray and heat over medium heat. Cook tortillas for 1-2 mins each side or until golden and crisp. Cut into strips.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with crispy tortilla strips, chopped avocado, and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken soup with crispy tortilla stripsfatContent: