This hearty vegetarian soup is the perfect winter warmer. Serve it with a dollop of yoghurt to temper the heat.
The ingredient of Cauliflower dhal soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 3 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup Jalna Greek Natural Yoghourt
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Pappadums, to serve
The instruction how to make Cauliflower dhal soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and ginger, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir through the lentils. Add stock and cauliflower. Season and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Stir through half of the yoghurt.
- Dollop over remaining yoghurt and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with pappadums.
Nutritions of Cauliflower dhal soupfatContent: