This spicy pumpkin soup will warm the soul for winter!
The ingredient of Spicy pumpkin soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (300g) golden delight potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- Pure cream, to serve
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
- Toast, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy pumpkin soup
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add potato and pumpkin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until potato starts to brown. Add chilli and coriander. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until potato and pumpkin are tender. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend in batches until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Stir in cream. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Season with pepper. Divide between bowls. Top with cream and chives. Serve with toast.
Nutritions of Spicy pumpkin soupfatContent: 607.06 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 63.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 16.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 76 milligrams cholesterol